Our Senior Nutrition promote, maintain, and improve the health and well-being of older adults through the provision of a nutritionally balanced meal five days per week served in a congregate setting or delivered to the home.
Albemarle Commission Happenings
The Albemarle Commission building is now open to the public. We are currently only serving a 3-person max in our building at this time. We recommend all visitor’s wear a mask. If you are experiencing any of the following, we ask you DO NOT enter the building: Fever, Chills, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, New cough, and/or New loss of taste or smell. * PLEASE NOTE: EACH STAFF MEMBER MAY REQURE YOU TO WEAR A MASK.*
Please click here to view the Albemarle Commission’s complete Audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2019.
COVID-19 Information and Resources:
- Economic Relief Resources – Provides resources for individuals, small businesses, and medium-large businesses. This includes details about the upcoming financial assistance checks directly to Americans. https://www.tillis.senate.gov/economic-relief-resources
- Coronavirus FAQs – https://www.tillis.senate.gov/coronavirus-frequently-asked-questions
- Coronavirus: What North Carolinian’s need to know – https://www.tillis.senate.gov/coronavirus-what-north-carolinians-need-to-know
- Truist and the NCI Fund have partnered together to offer $1million dollars in COVID -19 grants to small businesses in North Carolina and a few other states. Grants range from $5,000 to $25,000 and are available on a first come first serve basis. For more information, please click here.
- Golden LEAF deploys $15M – NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program. For more information, please chick here.
- Need Urgent Childcare, please click here for information on resources.
- Our staff and partners continue to make weekly telephone reassurance calls to check on clients. Many have expressed concerns about needing items that they are unable to shop for. We’ve also received requests from long-term care facilities in need of additional supplies for activities. We have created an Amazon Wish List to give an idea of the items that have been requested. Our staff will update as items come in stock. If you would like to donate, please contact Ashley Lamb.
Albemarle Commission (AC) to Administer Home Repair Funds for Camden, Currituck, Dare, Hyde & Pasquotank Counties
AC is excited to add home repair financing as an affordable housing offering; the organization has been awarded funds by NC Housing Finance agency to administer home repair in 5 counties though the Essential Single-Family Rehabilitation Loan Pool (ESFLRP). The ESFLRP finances major home rehabilitation and modifications for households with members who are elderly, have disabilities or are veterans, and whose incomes are below 80 percent of their area’s median. Homes with led hazards occupied by a child under 7 years old may also qualify. Please contact Jordan Kearney or Mike Barnette for more details at (252) 753-2139.
Albemarle Commission’s Comprehensive Regional Economic Development Strategy 2018-2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids & services available upon request to individuals with disabilities.