Our Senior Nutrition promote, maintain, and improve the health and well-being of older adults through the provision of a nutritionally balanced meal five days per week served in a congregate setting or delivered to the home.
Albemarle Commission Happenings
- Executive Director Melody Wilkins will be attending the Chowan County Commissioners Meeting August 19, 2019 to introduce herself and provide a brief overview of the Commissions works/services.
- Director Wilkins will be meeting with Pamela Hurdle at Town of Hertford August 21, 2019 to introduce herself and provide a brief overview of the Commissions works/services.
- Director Wilkins had a telephone meeting with Hillary Sherman of US Economic Development Administration on July 31st to discuss projects across Region R. Hillary and Director Wilkins are meeting in Hertford on August 21, 2019, to review the status of local projects including the Perquimans County Basin Project.
- SmartGrowth Online will be hosting a free webinar on August 21, 2019 from 2 PM-3 PM ET, entitled “Leveraging Town and Gown Partnerships.” The webinar will highlight best practices to cultivate and use productive relationships with institutions of higher education to advance local community goals. To register, please go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/660783799373831947?utm_source.
- Algal blooms have occurred and intensified in the Chowan River Basin and Albemarle Sound region over the last five years, including warnings issued by state officials this year. You are invited to an informational forum on algal bloom on Saturday, August 24th, from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm at COA, Culinary Arts Building in Edenton.
- The Albemarle Commission, Mid-East Commission, ECU and NC East Alliance are hosting a Disaster Recovery Resilience Funding Forum on August 28, 2019, from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm at ECU, Willis Building Auditorium, Greenville. This event is relevant for elected officials, managers, planning staff, emergency managers, nonprofits, workforce entities including community colleges, water/sewer operations, and anyone supporting economic recovery in their communities.
- US Economic Development Administration (EDA) announced the availability of funds to support disaster-impacted communities under the Economic Adjustment Assistance Program. This program can advance economic recovery and resiliency. Eligible communities must be in an area where Presidential disaster declaration was made under the Robert T Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Act as a result of Hurricane Florence, Michael and other named events during 2018. Must also propose a project that advances economic resiliency and supports disaster recovery. EDA will make grant awards for projects that help disaster-impacted communities advance resilience projects. EDA will support both construction and non-construction projects through this funding opportunity. For more information, please see https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opporunity.html?oppld=319126.
- National Fish and Wilde Life Foundation announces Emergency Coastal Resilience Request for Proposal (RFP). This funding comes directly out of the Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2019 (P.L. 116-20) to support projects that increased the resilience of coastal communities impacted by Hurricane Michael and Florence, Typhoon Yutu and wildfires in 2018. A special webinar will be held to share details of the funding availability for coastal communities impacted by Hurricane Michael and Florence on Wednesday, September 4, 2019 from 1 PM-2 PM EDT. To register for this webinar please go to https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1011951320324698882.
Albemarle Commission’s Comprehensive Regional Economic Development Strategy 2017-2020
Click Here to review the Albemarle Commission’s Comprehensive Regional Economic Development Strategy. The strategy is updated every 5 years but we present this edition as a 3 year edition because of the nature of the Region’s economy.
Albemarle Commission (AC) to Administer Home Repair Funds for Camden, Currituck, Dare, Hyde & Pasquotank Counties
AC is excited to add home repair financing as an affordable housing offering; the organization has been awarded funds by NC Housing Finance agency to administer home repair in 5 counties though the Essential Single-Family Rehabilitation Loan Pool (ESFLRP). The ESFLRP finances major home rehabilitation and modifications for households with members who are elderly, have disabilities or are veterans, and whose incomes are below 80 percent of their area’s median. Homes with led hazards occupied by a child under 7 years old may also qualify. Please contact Jordan Kearney or Mike Barnette for more details at (252) 753-2139.
The Albemarle Commission Board of Delegates will meet at the Albemarle Commission Office located at 512 South Church Street, Hertford, North Carolina, 27944 at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 19, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids & services available upon request to individuals with disabilities.