Area Agency on Aging
Helping Older Adults Age with Dignity and Worth
The Albemarle Commission Area Agency on Aging (AAA) is the organization mandated under the provisions of the Older American’s Act of 1965, as amended, to work on behalf of older adults and their caregivers in Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell and Washington Counties.
It is the AAAs mission to empower senior adults to enhance their quality of life through training, education, mediation, advocacy and coordination of services.
- Development, coordination, and implementation of a comprehensive care system for older adults
- Development of programs and resources to address gaps in services
- Information and referral to local resources
- Allocation and management of funding for services in the region
- Technical assistance to agencies which serve older adults
- Regional Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP)
- Administrative support of the Region’s N.C. Senior Tar Heel Legislature
- Education and information on aging issues and resources
If you have questions about Medicare fraud or abuse contact:
North Carolina Senior Medicare Patrol 877-99-NCSMP (877-996-2767).
To schedule an SMP program for your organization or community group contact Laura Alvarico at the Albemarle Commission Area Agency on Aging.
The Albemarle Commission Area Agency on Aging's mission is to empower senior adults to enhance their quality of life through training, education, mediation, advocacy and coordination of services.