The Albemarle Commission, also known as the Albemarle Planning District Commission was recognized as an Economic Development District (EDD) by the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration in 1972.
The Albemarle Commission’s EDD was formed to assist local governments in the 10 county region to improve the opportunities within the Region, as well as to support local businesses through a regional Revolving Loan Fund.
The Region consists of Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell and Washington Counties.
NORTH CAROLINA Economic Development Links
State Government Office
EDA Regional Office
Economic Development Districts
- Albemarle Commission
- Centralina Council of Governments
- Eastern Carolina Council
- High Country Council of Governments
- Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
- Land of Sky Regional Council
- Mid East Commission
- Piedmont Triad Regional Development Corporation
- Southeastern Economic Development Commission
- Southwestern Commission
- Upper Coastal Plain Council of Governments
- Western Piedmont Council of Governments
Trade Adjustment Assistance Center
- Western Carolina University- Center for Rapid Product Realization
- Fayetteville State University
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Kenan Flagler Business School